Professional Pricing Society announces the #PRICINGCHAT!
Join us on Twitter every other Thursday to share pricing information with experts and special hosts!
You may read this and think, Twitter? Twitter Chats? So, what IS a #PricingChat?
Twitter is the VERY popular Social Media platform that operates in real-time connecting millions across the globe. Twitter chats, or #TweetChats, occur when a group of people all tweet about the same topic using a specific hashtag (#). This allows the conversation/ topic to be found or searched by millions, at any time. Twitter chats are often repeated bi-weekly or weekly, usually found under the same hashtag (#).
Twitter Chats are a great way to discuss topics, meet new people and network all in a fun environment.
PPS is using the Twitter Chat format to discuss pricing industry information, and invite everyone to participate! Learn how easy it is to follow along, and share your conversations on Twitter!
Here are (3) basic steps to join a #PricingChat:
Step 1. Sign up for a Twitter Account –
Log on to Twitter.com and create a profile! Add a picture of yourself, or a favorite photo as an avatar, and begin following accounts that peek interest. Personal friends, favorite brands, news outlets, etc. all have a presence on Twitter.
Step 2. Follow @Pricing Society –
In order to get the best in pricing news, updates, Conference and Workshop details, and of course our #PricingChats, you must follow the Professional Pricing Society Account on Twitter (@PricingSociety). All of the #PricingChat tweets and recaps can be found searching and using the hashtag (#) #PricingChat.
Step 3. Follow Along and Join the Conversation! –
- Follow as the moderator (@PricingSociety) asks questions to participants. Every Tweet should use the #PricingChat hashtag (#) so that everyone can follow along and search for the content later.
- Questions are often labeled, (Q1: , Q2:, Q3:, for example) and will include the hashtag (#PricingChat).
- When answering questions, always include the hashtag (#PricingChat) so others can view the contributions to the conversation.
- It is OK to greet new people within the chat as they join or “check-in.”
- RT-ing (re-tweeting) the posts of another user within the chat is a great way to show support of a statement or share them within your network of followers. The shares encourage others to participate as the chats are open to the public!
Remember this is a fun, open space for knowledge sharing and learning!
We welcome your thoughts and opinions!
NEXT #PRICINGCHAT: 4.28.16 @ 2:30 PM EDT
Please join PPS every other Thursday for a NEW #PricingChat!